- The Network/Infrastructure Administrator will be responsible for supervising a group of network and infrastructure staff, prioritizing work, managing infrastructure projects, continuous quality improvement and staff development.
- Responsible for the data center and day to day operations of the servers, storage systems, operating systems, databases and communication systems. Perform system administration of these systems.
- Performance and availability of hardware and software as it relates to servers, storage, database, network and communication systems.
- Manage infrastructure projects using project management methodology and associated tools to insure schedules are met.
- Research, evaluate, design, cost, implement and maintain technical vendor solutions.
- Implement new technologies including system performance and monitoring tools, virtualization of hardware and software and data backup technologies.
- Design, implement and maintain VoIP data and voice systems.
- Design, implement and maintain all LAN/WAN activities including vendor negotiations, hardware/software selection, resolving connectivity issues, and vendor escalation. Installation of complex operating and network system routines.
- Responsible for the security to protect the hardware, software and information resources of the College from unauthorized access, tampering or physical damage. This includes the management of firewalls, anti-virus software, and Active Directory.
- Patch management and new system installations for UNIX and Windows based servers.
- Configuration Management of server builds, network appliances and other infrastructure components. Updating departmental policies and procedures.
- Assist other areas of Information Technology related to the acquisition, installation, maintenance, problem diagnosis and training of computer systems.
- Scheduling of hardware maintenance activities and system tests to ensure effectiveness of the hardware and software in use.
- Develop plans to recover operating capability in the event of emergencies.
- Work collaboratively with Executive Management, Operations, Project Management and Application teams to identify and prioritize institutional needs, develop cost/benefit analysis, IT budgets, schedules and capacity plans.
- Performs related duties as assigned