Responsible for management of the S.T. Thammaporn Accounting and Finance Team and a member of the S.T. Thammaporn Management Team .
Scope of work to include all Accounting and Finance functions, including but not limited to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, General Ledger, Inventory, Fixed Assets, Cash Management, Financial Reporting, Managerial Reporting, and Tax Reporting.
Specific Responsibilities to Include:
- Development, monitoring, and management of the Internal Control environment of the Accounting & Finance Functions.
- Monitor and approve all sales, purchases, and expenses of the company.
- Management of Cash Flow and ability to analyze cash flow in accordance with International GAAP reporting standards (Operating, Investing, and Financing Cash Flows).
- Analyze financial data of operations in order to educate and advise associates and management on the value and benefits of internal controls and maintaining an efficient operation. Assist and counsel all department heads in the interpretation of financial data and recommend courses of action to maximize profitability.
- Prepare review, and present the Monthly Report of Operations. Prepare monthly, three and six month projections and budgets throughout the year and to advise management, corporate office, and owners of any major variances and their impact on the operation.
- Prepare forecasts and budgets as required (Annual, Revised Annual, Monthly, and/or on Corporate/Owner- s requests).
- Maintain adequate internal control over revenues, expenses, assets and liabilities of the company and ensure accounts are maintained according to GAAP and Uniform System of Accounts.
- Ensure that all licenses, permits, and insurance policies are current and are in compliance with local, state, and Federal laws. Monitor all contracts and agreements and advise hotel management of the terms, conditions and benefits.
- Assume cash management responsibilities, including preparation of statement of cash flow and, if necessary, statement of changes in financial position. Establish and audit all internal financial controls, including purchasing, cash handling and disbursements, inventories, company equipment.
- Provide financial oversight of the capital expenditure process. Ensure capital projects are completed within established critical path and financial projections. Conduct post completion audits of capital projections.
- Hire, train, and supervise associate including coaching, counseling, and discipline. Direct accounting team to ensure accurate accounting and timely reporting of financial data to department heads, management, and owners in accordance with GAAP guidelines.
- Assume leadership role in the education of supervisory associate in financial management.
- Ensure timely completion of all Balance Sheet account reconciliations.
- Ensure compliance with financial record retention policies.
- Administer the competitive bidding process.
- Cooperate with Internal/External audits. Implement agreed upon recommendation.
- Ensure timely customer satisfaction (external and internal) on accounting related inquiries and requests.
- Attend other departmental meetings to keep appraised of other operations and to provide outside input to enhance the department- s operation.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Executive Director